You're going to need...
Ingredients (6 to 8 servings)
2 packets of zesty Italian seasoning (Good Seasons Brand... usually by the salad dressings!)
12 oz (1.5 packets) of 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
4 cups of chopped broccoli crowns
4 chicken breasts
oh... and one cup of water :)
1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker with one cup of water and the two packets of Italian seasoning.
2. Cooking time is really subjective to your slow cooker. I put my chicken breasts in frozen on high and they were done within four hours! If you want to throw it in in the morning because you're going to be gone all day you should be just fine putting it on low.
3. Once chicken is cooked, shred it with forks.
4. Chop up broccoli, put in crockpot. Put 1 and a half packets of Philadelphia cream cheese in at this time as well. Stir well until cream cheese mixes with chicken broth.
5. At this time I turn my crockpot up to high to get the broccoli to soften up quicker.
6. While broccoli is softening up, cook either your brown rice or quinoa. Whatever you want as the base!
7. Top brown rice/quinoa with creamy chicken... and let your taste buds awaken!
I tried to figure out calories for this meal... It's hard to do it with the chicken because each chicken breast will be a different amount of ounces. I always hesitate saying something is healthy when it has cream cheese in it... but it's 1/3 less fat... and the cream cheese, seasoning and broccoli comes out to 1,040 calories (for the WHOLE crockpot)... So let's realistically say it serves 6 people... making it 173 calories. Add 4 oz of chicken breast... 283 calories!
I can feel good about that!
My mom has used this recipe forever... Not entirely sure where she got it from! I've seen some similar recipes on pintrest... but they include cream of chicken soup and other stuff. This recipe is DELISH without it. And seriously... with that many ingredients?! So effortless! Just throw it in and enjoy!
Try it? Let me know how it turned out for you!
P.S. Sometimes I'm great about updating my blog, sometimes I'm slow. But I'm always good at updating my instagram! If you'd like to follow me closer I'm on insta @britneymunday.